Sunday, August 12, 2012

Road Trip Around the Northeast

This past week I've been on a little road trip around the Northeast to visit some old friends who I haven't seen in years. Traveling in the States is expencive, but using Megabus to get around, plus staying with friends makes it a little more affordable. At the moment, I am actually on a Greyhound bus on the longest leg of my trip, from Cleveland, OH to New York City. It's (theoretically) a 9 hour ride, the express bus that only stops in Newark, NJ and NYC. When the internet is working, the time goes by a little faster, unfortunately, on both Greyhound and Megabus, the internet is rather intermittent and the speed varies from fast to so slow it's not worth using (5 mins to load a single page). But, I can't complain since buses in Korea definitely don't have free wifi and this service was certainly not available 5 or 6 years ago when I used to ride Greyhound all the time. But then again, back then I didn't even own a device that could pick up a wifi signal anyway. How the world has changed...

Here's a little summary of the transportation for my trip. Who knows, maybe one of my readers would like to do something similar. If you're ever in the states and want to get around cheaply there's only a few options.

Boston, MA -Providence, RI --> Peter Pan Bus, 45 mins- $8.00
Providence, RI- Washington, DC --> By car with a friend. 8 hours- about $22 in tolls, plus gas (I paid for the tolls)
Washington, DC - Pittsburgh, PA --> Megabus, 6 hours- $7.00
Pittsburgh, PA - Cleveland, OH --> Megabus, 2.5 hours- $17.00
Cleveland, OH - New York City, NY --> Greyhound, 9 hours- $59.00
New York City, NY- Boston, MA --> Megabus, 4 hours- $13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment