Friday, July 20, 2012

Henna Party


Last Friday I was invited to a classmate's house for a henna party. She is a fantastic artist and offered to do the henna for everyone. Here are some samples of what we had done for us:

On the back


My hand


My hand, completed and waiting for the henna to dry. It forms a kind of puffy layer of paint which takes about 30 mins- 1 hour to dry. 

Finished back design

Me and another's hand design


At the end of the after watching our henna artist all night, I decided to give it a go for myself on my ankle... a much less visible place.... I think it turned out alright, but it wasn't as dark because I couldn't get the henna to come out as thickly and evenly as my artist friend could.


So, after about 3 hours I brushed off as much dried henna as I could before going to bed.


... and the next day it looked like this after about 18 hours. Now it's been 7 days and it's starting to fade. Since it's on my hand, the parts of my hand that get wet the most are wearing off first, the fingertips and between my thumb and forefinger. The part near my wrist is still holding up well, though, and the design on my leg is too. If you want your henna to rub off quickly, just scrub it every day. If you want it to last longer just don't scrub it too much when you wash! This was a really fun night, it's always fun to try something new!

1 comment:

  1. I got a design made last year at the Cultures Fair here in Mexico :)
    Mine disappeared after a couple of days :(

    ReplyDelete