Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday on Ice

Well, I'm trying to read "The Lemon Tree" by Sandy Tolman, but I keep forgetting to bring it with me to work. And let's face it, if I don't read on my way home from work on my hour and a half commute, I'm not going to read it at all. So, while I was waiting for my bus, I happened to see that B. Dalton is going out of business at the Mall and everything in the store was 30% off. I wandered in and thought to buy myself a China guide book, because those things are so expensive. Then I thought to myself that something to read on the bus would be nice and I accidentally stumbled upon the David Sedaris section. If you haven't read David Sedaris, your life is incomplete. I read his book "Me Talk Pretty One Day" and I was laughing so hard at work that my coworkers were giving me looks...

My eyes fell upon his Christmas book "Holidays on Ice" and I thought it would be appropriate reading for this time of year. And of course, the other great thing about this book for me is that it's small and will fit inside my purse so I can't forget to bring it home from work. It's a collection of several stories, which I tend not to like those kinds of books, but with David Sedaris, I don't mind at all. I read the first story and half of the next on the way home from work, which means I'll have it done in just a few days if I remember to keep it in my purse where it belongs. I think that's this books only flaw, is that it's just not long enough... I'm going to be craving more David Sedaris after this is through...

If you're looking for a book to put you in the proper Christmas cheer (which is not the heartwarming crap most Christmas books will throw up at you) then this will be your best investment of the season. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment