Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving at home

Today was Thanksgiving. I tried to document it well, make all you folks in Korea jealous, but I didn't do a very good job. Here's what I was able to capture on film...

One of several appetizer plates. We also had my mom's famous kielbasa and some strawberry dip. In our family, the appetizers are about equally as important as the meal.... to me slightly more important actually..

Here's our table... I thought everything was out, ready to eat when I took this photo. Turns out this wasn't even half. We had my mom's famous mashed potatoes (with sour cream and cream cheese and garlic infused), sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce (and the fake stuff for the wimps), squash with brown sugar and maple syrup, rolls, and probably some food I'm forgetting too...

Unfortunately, I had a coughing fit at the table from this obnoxious cold (or whatever) that I have and eventually had to excuse myself from the table. I never finished my meal. Unfortunately, the downside of jetlag is a severe lack of appetite, which is normally not a problem, but is quite unfortunate on Thanksgiving. My plate is still sitting in the fridge waiting for me many hours later. Still not hungry enough to eat it...


Pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie and a pumpkin cake roll for my cousin's birthday. We just ate the cake and couldn't manage to get into the pies... that's for another day....
btw, those apple and pumpkin pies were all me...

1 comment: