Thursday, October 8, 2009

The magical disapearing view out my window


Here was the view from my window not long after I moved in to my apartment last July. I don't have any good photos of it, but this was a great view of Dongdaemun Stadium. At night, the view was fantastic! As you can see in this first photo, there is some construction going on down there, right in my viewline and I knew it wouldn't be long before I would loose this view all together. I decided to document the process, because.... well, I'm not sure. Maybe someone out there cares about my plight...
Here's maybe a month later. You can see that they've got a few floors built up now.

Now at this point, a few weeks later they started to creep up to my level. Once they got the first few floors in, they were going up about a floor a week. By the way, there are three towers here, though you can't tell...

They finally totally obstructed my view come wintertime.


Now they're almost done. I just took this photo today. I expect in a few months they will be opening. Probably not before I leave though.. they still have a little ways to go. The outside is done, but I'm sure inside there's still a lot more work to be done. It looks like they're gonna open a shopping center downstairs, then, obviously, apartments up top. Luxury apartments, no less. I'm just hoping it brings up the property values of the area, because there are some super sketchy "massage shops" and "norebangs" on my street. Not to mention the obnoxious HOF folks that scream and fight in the alley at 1 am EVERY night.

But, I just want my view back....

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate that you can see a skyling despite there is a building. All I have seen for the last year is the face of another ugly building. No skyling. If I want to even see some sky I have to peek out my window from a few directions.

    At least the construction noise is gone.

    Also the drunk loud people are annoying. If I had a magic wand I would make Korea a more quiet place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I have seen some pretty ugly views in my life here, mine could be a lot worse. This last photo is from a different viewpoint, since I moved up to the 10th floor. It gives me a much better view of the surroundings. 7th floor didn't give me much of a view at all..

    ReplyDelete