Sunday, September 13, 2009

A new way to check for swine flu...

Last week I wrote a post complaining about the swine flu checks at the community center where my free Korean classes are held. Last week when I arrived, I got a dirty thermometer stuck in my ear. I watched him put the same thermometer in about 10 other people's ears before they cleaned it. This week they found a new method of checking temperatures. They can point a light at your head and get a temperature reading that way. Much more sanitary, I'm much happier.

1 comment:

  1. This is actually the only way I've had my temperature taken during the "crisis". They got a reading of 36.8 C when I went for my medical check at Seoul Medical Ctr.

    They used the same no-touch pen-type thing when I got off the plane at Incheon from New Zealand (literally, before you leave the airplane ramp); they sorted our little health info forms into piles as a result. I got in what I imagine was the "waygookin who seems okay but he's a waygookin so let's follow up" stack.

    They called a few days after I got back to make sure I wasn't feeling flu-like symptoms. They were very nice about it.

    ReplyDelete