Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Me?? Pre-school teacher?? Are you out of your mind??

If anyone had told me a year ago, that I would be a pre-school teacher... I would have laughed in your face. The thought of being trapped in a room full of 7 year olds (Korean age... American age 5) was similar to the thought of burning in hell for eternity. In fact, the two thoughts were kind of related, because when I threw a child out the window, I might just burn in hell for eternity.

But... here I am, a year later and starting my first day as a preschool teacher today. Not really by choice, but I'm trying to stay positive about it. As positive as I can, even though I have not had time to prepare. While the teachers who are only morning teachers have had no classes for the past week have been constantly drawing, painting, typing, printing, cutting, laminating, and hanging for the last week, I've been teaching a full load of students in the afternoon. I've been trying to come in early every day to get stuff done, but every day I come in early, there seems to be some meeting or something that I have to attend that cuts into my prep time. So. While the other rooms look like carnivals full of alphabets and flowers and animals, mine..... barely has what it needs hung up. There's still so much I need to throw together today before class. No idea how I'm going to do that.

Anyway, I'm late for school. Actually, I'm early for school, but I have so much to do that I'm still late. I'll update.... someday.... when I have time to tell how it goes.

ps. I'm still teaching evenings till 8 on Monday, Wed. Friday. But... that's for another blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment