Monday, January 19, 2009

Seoul Museam of Art and The Changing Of The Guard


Saturday we made a quick stop by the Seoul Museum of Art. Well, I suppose we didn't mean for it to be a quick stop, but that's what happened... for me at least. We had a little trouble finding the museum. Usually by following the signs with the metro exits directs you perfectly to wherever you go. Unfortunately, not so much this time. The subway exit dropped us off about as far away as you can get from the museum and we had to find a map to figure out how to get there. Turns out you need to follow the wall of doksugung down a side street to get there.

Well, we made our way there and we were amazed that the entrance only cost 700 won (like aprox. $0.50 USD). But then we realized why. The main gallery where that 700 won entrance fee lets you into is very small. We walked though in about 1/2 an hour. The second and third floors, on the other hand, were hosting an exhibition of famous European artists. That entrance was 12,000 won. My friends wanted to go see that, but I decided that I'd rather go to Korean class, which was starting in about 45 mins. So I said good-bye to them and headed toward the metro. As I got closer to the entrance of Doksugung, I saw a procession of men dressed in colorful traditional clothes and realized that they must be having the changing of the guard ceremony

As I got closer to the entrance of Doksugung, I saw a procession of men dressed in colorful traditional clothes and realized that they must be having the changing of the guard ceremony. This is always fun to see, though, it can be a little slow. I had my camera with me and I was hoping I could get some good shots for my photo blog. I don't know though. The photos I take at these things never turn out how I want them to.

Anyway, I stood around and watched the whole 20 minute process, which, when it comes down to it, is pretty slow and there's not much to see. Then I headed to class where I learned to play GoStop. That's a pretty complicated game, but I'd like to play again and get better at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment