Sunday, June 15, 2008

Time Machine: Chile

I found on my MySpace page (that I never update, by the way) with some things I wrote about Chile when I was there last time. Here they are. Let's see if anything has changed. I noticed that as the time goes on in this little mini-blog I kept, the comments got progressively more negative. Was I getting bitter?

Monday, April 24, 2006

Current mood: calm

Impressions of Chile after 2 months ( apparently the one i posted after 1 month never appeared)

1) Where's the Ranch Dressing? all I got here is salt, corn oil and lemon....

2) Wow.. they have a really fast really clean really efficient metro.....

3) Why did a camera that is older than me cost almost $400?

4) Manjar is the food of the gods....

5) I can buy a box of cookies for less than a $1.00

6) I can get a full meal for less than $4.00

7) Chau Huevon!!!

8) Chileans don't speak Spanish, they speak Chilean... Cachai?

9) No, really, I've had to add about 200 new words to my lexicon of Spanish... novio=pololo, bebe=guagua, camisa=polera, melocoton= durazno, etc etc... and I'm not even talking about all the new slang words....

10) Apparently I speak like a Mexican... cant figure that one out...

11) Chileans are like the British.. they love to queue

12) Theres a lot of mountains here

13) Work? who does work?

14) Going out at night and coming home at 4:00 in the morning is early... what were you thinking?

15) Pisco is the greatest drink on the planet... I'm still deciding how I'm going to smuggle some back into the states....

Thursday, April 27, 2006


More impressions...
Current mood: worried

A few more impressions of Chile...

1) I understand why they water the grass, but why do the water the dirt??

2) You know when air pollution is bad, when you look out, and the sky looks grayish brown when there is not a cloud in the sky....

3) If its a long weekend, why aren't there more buses going to Argentina??

Saturday, June 17, 2006


more impressions
Current mood: shocked

some more impressions of Chile....

1) Chile: home of the mullet and the rat tail

2) you know the air is polluted when you cant see the 5,000 ft (aprx) snow capped mountains that surround the city on all sides... just gray smog...

3 )you know the air is polluted when you see people walking around with surgical masks over their faces...

4 ) you know the air is polluted when your throat huts just from breathing the air for too long...

Oh, in case anyone is interested about poor air quality in Chile, check out CONAMA: (spanish language)

No comments:

Post a Comment